Briggs has worked with a number of charities over the past few years including Alzheimer’s Research UK in 2018/19 for which they have so far raised £50,000 with 4 months still to go, Newlife for which they raised £60,000 in 2017 and The Teenage Cancer Trust in 2016 for which they raised £93,000.
Briggs has a dedicated charity team who facilitate the organisation of a number of events and initiatives throughout the year both for the Charity of the Year and other nominated charities, and the charitable culture within Briggs doesn’t stop there as there are a large number of employees who complete sponsored challenges such as the London Marathon and mountain climbing.
The new charity partnership will begin from 1st July 2019 and will end in June 2020. Briggs’ criteria for their charity of the year includes;
- Ideally the charity partner would be a UK wide charity that can be supported through all of the UK and Northern and Southern Ireland.
- They will need a representative from the charity to support UK head office (Cannock), Scotland, and Ireland offices.
- The charity must provide a quarterly newsletter to be distributed around Briggs Equipment showing how the funds have been distributed, ideally to show the money in each area (UK, Scotland, Northern and Southern Ireland).
- A list of charity events that the Briggs employees can get involved in around the UK.
- Both parties to use social media to share updates and news.
- We must be able to arrange volunteering events to provide 100 volunteer hours to the charity.
If you still wish to apply and can meet the criteria, please email a one page (A4) Poster about your charity and what you do, detailing how Briggs can get involved and including a breakdown for how much of every £1 spent will go direct to the charity.
Entries must be sent in by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of play on 28th February 2019.